Friday, July 13, 2007

do you like your chili, scott?

last night, as i sunk into my jet blue exit row seat (the most leg room in coach, mind you), i casually flipped on comedy central pre-takeoff, hoping to amuse myself for a moment before i was given my bliss spa sleep kit and employing it to its fullest extent. and you know what i discovered one of the most exciting feelings in the world is? turning on jet blue comedy central and seeing scott tennerman pouring a bag of "hair" into a pot of chili. for that means that i am mere moments away from eric cartman at his finest hour. and then the pilot came on.
for the next five minutes, the captain let me know my cruising altitude, a list of available snacks, the proper way to apply for a jet blue credit card while aboard, the weather in florida, and all of the other details about my flight i could ever and never imagine. he took over the public address and forced me to soundlessly watch as cartman gave the explanation of his greatest caper. have you ever tried to read a cartoon's lips? luckily, i have the entire scene memorized. ...but what if i didn't? what if this was my first time seeing "scott tennerman must die"? what if i was a young, impressionable youth just looking for a reason to laugh? a reason to love? a reason to live? i would like each of our loyal readers to please write a letter to jet blue asking for a manual p.a. override option to be installed on all of their jets. after all, what company could possibly ignore over three (3) strongly worded letters?

No comments: